Friday, March 21, 2014

Women of the Mormon Church

So as I stated in my bio, I am a life long member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Many non-members of the church have criticism regarding the fact that women can't hold the priesthood. The priesthood is the power God gives man and is used to perform many sacred ordinances. I have 4 wonderful sisters and an amazing mother that are all very active members of the Church. These women in my life have such an important role that includes being a mother to children. An article written in The New York Times addressed the controversy of the women of the Church not being able to hold the priesthood. The author of the article made it obvious that she was biased, but she did present information that was fair. I think it is great that women are getting increased responsibility and recognition in the Church. I will post the link to the article so you can read it and formulate your own opinions. Feel free to leave any comments to this post. 

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/02/us/a-growing-role-for-mormon-women.html?_r=0

No comments:

Post a Comment